Feb 5, 2018
available from £550
at a date and time that suits you
This 1 day course will introduce you to web development using WordPress, a free website design application. You will learn to create a simple website by using a wide array of templates and themes.
What you will learn:
- What’s involved in building a website
- Registering and installing WordPress
- Choosing from themes and templates
- Adding pages and post
- Creating menus
- Adding and editing text
- Inserting links & images
- Creating a contact page
- Registering a domain name
- Setting up e-mail addresses
- Choosing a website host
- How to publish your website
Note: For those wishing to dive deeper into customising the website, we suggest our follow-on course Making Your WordPress Site Look Fabulous.
Who this course is for:
- Ideal for start-ups and small charities.
- No coding skills needed. This course is for absolute beginners.
What to expect when leaving the course:
Delegates will leave the course knowing how to set up a website from scratch. If they wish, they will be able to start creating their own website on the course and leave with a well structured framework which they can then finish on their own.
Software package used:
This course will use WordPress, a free, powerful website design application that can be mastered without coding knowledge.